Sugarcane is a renewable resource. The plant reaches maturity in only nine months.
Natural fibers are biodegradable and compostable in a safe and healthy manner for the environment.
Due to their biodegradability, our sugarcane fiber products decompose relatively quickly and turn into compost.
The compost may be used as nursery or fertilizer for new plants, and the cycle closes.
Benefits of sugarcane fiber products
- the most ecological material currently used in the food industry, as it is completely biodegradable and compostable
- stronger and better quality than most alternatives
- no impact on food taste or flavor
- good thermal properties: adequate for temperatures between -25°C and 220°C
- waterproof and oil-resistant: adequate for hot, wet and oily food
- may be used in microwaves and electric or gas-powered ovens
- a very good alternative to polystyrene products as far as resistance and thermal properties are concerned
Sugarcane fiber products are an environmentally sustainable solution for food service and packaging disposables.